Player FM for iPhone 1.0
Player FM for iOS is now 1.0, available globally, with the app and its independent catalogue supporting 25+ languages. We’re pleased to report a strong showing in app retention from an initial release in some markets a few days back, indicating iPhone podcast fans are happy to adopt Player FM as their daily driver.
As a recap from last week’s announcement, Player FM for iOS is a full-featured, cloud based, podcast app. Features include:
- Standard podcast functionality: discover subscribe, download, play offline. You know the drill.
- Cloud sync for all logged-in users. Subscriptions, “Play Later” playlist, and Likes list work across iOS, Android, and the web app.
- Premium sync for all paying users. Full play history and play positions, themes, and applicable app preferences, such as per-series playback speed, sync across devices. At Pro and above, there’s also full-audio backup of playlist items.
- Themes. Free themes including dark theme available for all users + premium themes available in all paid plans.
- Fully configurable download and playback.
Player FM aims to make podcasts fun and accessible for everyone. A simple “out of the box” experience for people new to podcasting, with powerful tools to help hardcore fans podcast smarter. The web app means podcasts can easily be shared even to people who have never used a podcast app in their life.
We’re already hard at work on v1.1. Expect a full-screen player update, Airplay and Chromecast support, and more.
Tried it yet? Get Player FM for iOS today and do let us know if you have any suggestions!
PS About the numbering. It’s our goal to converge version numbers on Android and iPhone. We expect to run iPhone at 1.x until it has features such as importing RSS and theme editor, which will give it feature-parity with Android.