Player FM 4.5 Private feeds import on the app, Feature updates and Bug fixes
Player FM for Android now has the ability to import your private feeds such as Patreon feeds. Our aim is to keep this platform open so you can keep listening to your favorite podcasts hassle-free and at the same time continuously support podcasters and encourage the podcasting community to have an open catalog which we believe benefits both listeners and publishers. Apart from that, you also get to see the improved import screen.
Other feature updates:
- Episode search results just got even better. With the use of episode ranking and episode scoring algorithm, you will get a more accurate result. So now, it’s easier to find that episode that you’ve always wanted to hear.
- You’ll get to view your played episodes temporarily even if [Show played] setting is off. Just tap the eye icon and you’ll see all the episodes you’ve played. This icon will not be available though if no episodes have been played on a particular series.
- Unsure if you are using the latest version of the app? We just added an app update info found in Settings [About].
- We added chapters count on the episode detail screen. So while you are reading the episode descriptions, you’ll get to see how many chapters does it have which makes you want to listen even more to your favorite podcast.
- We’ve added some info like how much space you’ve saved on your device using the space saver feature. Or how many episodes were already deleted by the publisher but you still have them backed up. Or how many episodes you’ve synced and more. You can check all these by going to Settings > Premium Tour or by going to Memberships screen. What’s more is you get to share these info to your friends and loved ones.
- Bug fixes